Whether you are 8, or 18, or 28 like me, or 38 or even 62 (like my mum haha), we all love pizza – quick, easy, tasty, and that cheese thingy ! For this post, I will show you an easy way to make Pizza dough, then it is up to you to finish it up with your favourite topping.
WHAT YOU NEED for 2 large dough:
- 250gr of bread flour if you want crispy crust, or all-purpose flour for a chewie one
- Sea salt, olive oil, and 1 packet dried yeast
- Whisk the flours and sea salt in a large bowl
- Make a well in the middle and add 320ml of warm water + the packet yeast. Mix all up thoroughly
- When foamy, mix in 3 tbsn olive oil; knead until smooth. Brush with olive oil, cover in a bowl and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour 30 minutes
- If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour
WHAT ABOUT TOMATO SAUCE?
Over a med heat large non-stick frying pan, add olive oil, then add chopped garlic. When the garlic begins to colour lightly, add the basil and the tomatoes. Using the back of your cooking spoon, mush and squash the tomatoes until smooth with no bits and pieces left. Season with salt and sugar if necessary. Once done, leave to rest
Strain your sauce through a coarse sieve, and make sure no larger bits of tomato , basil or garlic left.
Erin M. ❤