Okidos so here it is, my famous (braised) prawn recipe that everyone has been asking !!!
- 500gr of king prawns. Clean, deveined, leave the tail (or head if you want)
- 1 tspn of chopped shallot
- 1 tspn of chopped garlic
- 1 tspn of oyster sauce
- 2 tspn of raw sugar
- 1 tspn of lime juice (YES IT IS THE SECRET INGREDIENT)
- Cooking oil, salt, pepper
- 1 large spring onion, chopped.
- When deveined the prawn, scoop out the orange creamy stuff or prawn’s roe from the upper part of the prawn’s head.
- Over medium heat cooking pan, add cooking oil, then sautée chopped shallot + chopped garlic until fragrant
- Turn down the heat, add raw sugar until caramelized then quickly add in the prawn
- Season to taste with oyster sauce, 1/2 tspn of salt, stir well until cooked. Leave to rest.
- On another high heat small cooking pan, add 1/4 tspn of cooking oil, then add in quickly prawn’s roe + 1 pinch of salt and heaps of pepper.
- Add the cooked prawn in, stir well, sprinkle chopped spring onion on top. Turn off the stove, add in lime juice and serve