I have to say it has been a longgggg time since I decided to put up a recipe – thing is, I have been doing this cooking show, but them all in Vietnamese, and do not really suit with this blog so I haven’t post anything for a while. Having said that, I will still do just 1 post for all accumulated authentic Vietnamese dishes that I had done for the TV show one day later 🙂
Back to today treat – Beef & Red Wine Casserole
- 0,5kg of stewing beef – or brisket if you like
- 1 large onion, pealed & chopped
- 1 large carrot, pealed & chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 glass of red wine
- 2 tspn of flour
- Soya sauce, tomato puree
- a bit of theme, sage and oregano
- Heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a large non-stick pan, quickly sautee the garlic until fragrant then add the beef, season with 2 tspn of soya sauce & 1 tspn of tomato puree.
- Cook until well browned. Transfer to a casserole pot
- Let the pot cook for 5-10mins, add in onion + carrot, stir well and let it boil for another 1-2 mins
- Here is my thing for red wine: mix well 1 glass of red wine with flour, reduce the heat, then add the whole mixture over the meat.
- Add the stock/or water, thyme + sage + organo, bring to simmer, then cover and gently simmer for 2½ hrs until the meat is very tender
- Serve with bread, or in my case – noodle.
Erin M. ❤