Think tofu and bean curd like any other source of protein then you will have better impression about its taste and find it less struggle in making vegan dishes.
Today I will introduce you to something old but new for your daily diet and vegan journey which I am pretty sure will change your mind about vegan cooking. I made these yummy pocket over my grandfather death anniversary last week, super tasty that my uncle even had it like other finger food.
- 3 large soft bean curd sheet
- 1 leek, use the white part, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into long small pieces
- 4-5 large dried black fungus
- 10-15 lotus seeds
- Dipping sauce: mixed well 4 cube of fromage + 3 spoon of dark soya sauce + pepper
- Soak fungus in warm water for 5-10 minutes until fully expand. Rinse and clean well with cold water. Cut into small pieces
- Over med heat cooking pan, saute leek until fragrant, add fungus in first, quickly stir until fungus are cooked before add in carrot and lotus seed.
- When done, season to taste and leave to rest
- With each large bean curd, cut into “pocket” size then stuff in above mixture. Close each pocket by 1 tothpick
- Deep fried each and leave to rest
- Cut into half, serve hot with dipping sauce.
Erin M. ❤