Cookies are the easiest thing you can make in the kitchen and with only 5 basic ingredients: butter, sugar, egg, flour, chocolate. Im not a “baking” person, I do not prefer to work with any type of cake, dessert or sweet stuff – yet this is exceptional.
I like my cookies being warmed up before serving together a hot cup of tea, or warm milk; as a quick snack, or just simply my after-work treat.
– 150gr of softened unsalted butter
– 100gr of brown sugar – chewiness secret
– 1 large egg
– 250gr of plain flour
– 1/2 tspn of baking soda (be careful when using this)
– As much choco chips as you want
– 1 pinch of salt , 1 pinch of vanilla for flavor enhancer in sweets. If you use salted butter, no need for any salt here
COOKING STEPS: (even easier)
– Oven at 190 C, already line up baking trays with non-stick banking paper.
– In a large bowl, whisk together the flour + baking soda; set aside
– In another large bowl, combine butter and both sugars; beat very hard until light and fluffy. Even better if you have an electric mixer.
– Add the egg + vanilla and salt if you are using; beat until well mixed
– Add above flour mixture ; and finish by the chocolate chips.
– Use a teaspoon, place each spoon of the mixture a bit far away from another, bake for 8-10mins until brown
It might not come out in perfect sizes like you on the internet, so you might need to practice a bit on how much of the mixture you place on the baking sheet. My tips: at least 5cm space between cookies so they don’t spread into each other; use ice cream scoop to spoon the mixture or even small muffin tins. Other than that, all ready for your lovely tea time 😉
Erin M. ❤