I cant say if this is an authentic Indian dish or not, coz I do use many Indian spice, but not according to its original recipe for sure, but adjust and add some other spices, and sauce as well – as you might have known now that Im really good with using my sauces. When I was in Malaysia, they even make this dish with Sambal sauce, totally fine and very tasty indeed.
– 250gr of okra, trimmed and cut into desired pieces
– 1 small onion, peeled, chopped into very small pieces
– Spices: 1 tsp of curry powder, 1 tsp of ground coriander, 1 tsp of ground cumin, ¼ tsp of turmeric, ¼ tsp of mustard seeds, ¼ tsp of linseed.
– Cooking oil, salt, oyster sauce, vege stock, chopped tomato as optional
– Over high heat cooking pan, saute the onion until brown, then add the spices. Stir well. If you like tomato, saute it together with onion as well.
– When fragrant, add okra, turn to medium heat, stir well before adding 2 tsp of oyster sauce and 1 tbsp of vege stock- Continue simmer over low heat until okra is tender, and the sauce is thicken
– Serve with rice or rotiBon appetitErin M.<3