Yoo hoo Righty, another quick and easy for your 15mins challenge at 6pm. Firstly, you can use any type of fish fillet left in the fringe ( I once tried salmon already, amazing !). Secondly, its healthy, and you know well fish is way better than red meat at some points.
– 500 gr of fish fillet (mackerel, tilapia or best is “ghost knife”)
– Season mixed for fish paste: 1 tbsp of fish sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp of sugar, 1/4 tsp of ground pepper, 2tbsp of finely chopped scallion’s white part, 2tbsp of finely chopped dill.
– Tomato sauce: 1 finely chopped tomato, 1 tbsp of tomato paste
– Garnish: scallion’s green part, 1/4 tsp of ground pepper
– Pound the fish into a paste (using mortar and pestle, or by the back of a big spoon . DO NOT USE FOOD PROCESSOR). Tips: cover pestle or spoon with 1 coat of oil to prevent stickiness
– When fish paste feel “heavy”, add the season mixed for fish paste, and carry on with mixing and pounding. Divide the fish into desired size, leave to rest.
– Over med heat large non-stick frying pan, fry each side until golden. Leave to rest, cut into smaller pieces
– Over another high heat pan, add chopped tomato and tomato paste with 1/2 tbsp of sugar, 1/4 tbsp of salt, 1/2 tbsp of water. Sauté until done.
– At the very end, add the fish cake in, add the garnish part, give it a gentle stir and serve
Erin M. ❤