This, is a delicious and healthy salad that use different ingredients and seasoning to make one of the most joyous healthy dish. I will also give you my tips to have the best result for a good Vietnamese salad dish
– 1.5kg of young jackfruit
– 500gr Shrimp, 500gr Pork Belly
– Fish sauce, pepper, lime, chilli, onion, shallots, vinegar, garlic , salt, sugar
– Caramelized shallots, crushed roasted peanuts, chopped cilantro, a few mint leaves for garnish
– Jackfruit: Over a boiled cooking pot, adding 1 tspn of salt and 1 tspn of vinegar before adding jackfruit in. Bring to boiled again, then drain through cold water and squeeze out excess water, . Shredded them by hands when cold enough, do not cut into small pieces.
– Shrimp: shelled, deveined then quickly saute over high heat cooking pan with a bit of chopped garlic and 1/2 tspn of fish sauce + 1/2 tspn of sugar. Leave to rest. Drain off excess oil
– Pork: slice disks the desired width – superthin or thicker. Quickly saute over high heat cooking pan with a put of chopped shallots and 1/2 tspn of fish sauce + 1/2 tspn of sugar. Leave to rest. Drain off excess oil.
– Recipe for the dressing is here, search for “VIETNAMSE SUMMER SALAD ( GỎI)”, then follow the instruction on how to mix it with jackfruit. You can also prepare extra dipping sauce use the same link, search for “BASIC SWEET AND SOUR FISH SAUCE”
– Time to combine your seasoned jackfruit, pork, shrimp into a large cooking pot or bowl. Mixed well. Taste and add more sugar or fish sauce to adjust
– At the very end, add pepper, caramelized shallots, crushed roasted peanuts, chopped cilantro. Mixed well again before serving and with a few mint leaves for garnish
Erin M. ❤