I made this 30mins-challenge-dish today for brunch and posted it on my personal Facebook, then got surprise response asking for the recipe. So here it is you are in for my treat today – my secret recipe of 3-in-1 Egg Benedict served with homemade hollandaise sauce and cheesy toasted !!!
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 SERVING – 2 cheese sandwich, 4 poach eggs:
– 8 eggs – 4 whole eggs and 4 egg yolks
– 4 tbsp of white wine vinegar
– 1 cup of unsalted butter
– 8 sliced whole-wheat bread
– 2 tbsp lemon juice
– 4 slices Cheddar cheese
– salt, pepper
MAKING THE “GRILLED” CHEESE SANDWICH – by frying pan:
– Preheat frying pan over medium heat
– Spread butter one side of a slice of bread
– Place bread butter-side-down until brown-ish
– Place cheese in the middle of 2 slices of bread, then cook until each side for another 1min or until the cheese is melted
MAKING THE EGGS:
– Add the vinegar to a large saucepan of boiled water
– Swirling the water first to from a vortex before break the egg in, one by one only !!!
– Continue stir the water gently until the egg curl round and in nice neat shape
– Cook for 1-2mins (depends on how raw you like your egg to be), then remove and put on top of your sandwich
MAKING THE SAUCE:
– Heat a small saucepan fill with boiled water
– Use a stainless or glass bowl in which you can fit on top of your saucepan
– Add the butter in the bowl first until warm-melted, then add the remaining 4 egg yolks
– Gently whisk in circle until the mixture is light, running and simmer a bit.- Finish with a bit of salt and the lemon juice.
MY TIPS:- “Grill” your sandwich while poaching the eggs, so both are ready for the sauce- Make the sauce only at the end, so the sauce remains running and nicely warm for the dish- Add salt and the lemon juice only at the end of the “making the sauce” process. If its too salty, add 1tbsp of warm water, but do not stop stirring the sauce from the beginning to the end
Bon appetit !
Erin M. ❤